Sunday 5 August 2012

Poems About Beauty

What Is Beautiful? 

by thefadingscene


When you tell me
That I'm so beautiful that you could cry
I can't help but wonder what beautiful means
If you see beauty in the same way I do.

Beauty is...
sunlight
Whether it be glittering on teardrops,
Making a rainbow while water falls from above,
Setting behind the tallest mountain,
Rising on a perfect morning,
Or shining into your window and illuminating your face

Beauty is...
every color in the world
The brown in those eyes
The green of the grass and trees surrounding us
The pink of rosy cheeks on a cold winter morning
The pure brilliance of everything

Beauty is...
within every season
Summer's long days shining with so much joy
Autumn's changing of the leaves
Winter's illusion of innocence the snow casts upon the earth
Spring's new life and dreams

Beauty is...
beauty is empty
It's empty space
and empty eyes
and empty words
and that empty feeling that is left inside when Love turns his back.

Beauty is...
undefinable
Is it truly in the eyes of the beholder?
Or is it something that is only given to the most deserving of souls?

I fail to see what you see
Because when I try to look into my own eyes...into my own face
I can't see past my imperfections and fears

Lend me your eyes, Love...
So I can know what beautiful means.







Unmasked


Eyelashes that resist all logic, 
curl their way to the sky. 
Eyes that flow with the deepest blues, 
seem to hold the question 'why?'

Slender hands with a steady sweep, 
shape artwork into life. 
Lips that spill an occasional laugh, 
kept secret, and not rife.

A smile that warms the whole of me, 
just to see it worn. 
A heart that pretends to be made of stone,
may not be so forlorn.

A mind that hides behind a mask, 
made of thorns and tears. 
You might think it's just a joke, 
but, nonetheless, 
she cares.







True Beauty


Forma, belleza, schoonheid
No matter how you say it, it only means one thing
You ask me what it means exactly,
Listen up, and I'll tell you

It's not what you see in the magazines
Blonde hair, blue eyes.
that's all a lie.

Forma, belleza, schoonheid
It's a light within the heart, 
You have to look to find it,
You have to search the soul.

Some people think it's just skin deep,
But they don't know the truth.
There's only a few who see it there.
There's only a few who really try.

It's hidden in the eyes of the beholder,
It's hidden within their heart.
It's hidden within their soul,
It brings light to life of others,

It makes me sad to think,
That only a few really try,
That only a few see it there.
So do me a favor

Look for the 
Forma, belleza, schoonheid
The beauty, in every single soul you meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment